So you want to write a package manager. This is halfway between a rant and a proposal and a theory of programming language package managers.
apple/swift-package-manager. The Package Manager for the Swift Programming Language. Apple is working on an integrated package system for Swift.
Where do you put user/program files on various operating systems?
- Folder Structures Used by npm
- GHC Packages
- Customizing Git - Git Configuration
- Global bash_profile
- CSIDL. Windows known folders
- KNOWNFOLDERID. The modern version, but see CSIDL for what things actually mean.
Unicorn Library. Unicode library for C++ by Ross Smith.
Some arguments over ggplot2 (the “better” R graphing system). Read all of these and you’ll probably love ggplot2 and R. Also see swirl.
- Why I don’t use ggplot2
- Why I use ggplot2
- Don’t teach built-in plotting to beginners (teach ggplot2)